Re: [logs] Strange Pix message

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulauat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 02:56:39 PDT

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Tina Bird wrote:

    > A bit of comic relief after all the intensity of the Windows RPC >crap<.
    > Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

    For  the logs, this  seems the  classical RPC  stuff (with  the random
    source port between 666 and 765).

    For the  PIX utilization,  he should check  various things  like xlate
    status  (show  xlate  count)  to   show  if  he  doesn't  run  out  of
    translations.  and 'show conn count'  and 'show interface' to show the
    queue availability.  'show perf mount'  could help also.  (for example
    memory usage and stuff like that).

    Does he  use the "  W32.BLASTER Worm Mitigation  Recommendations" from
    Cisco ? With the specific access-list or not ?

    For the PIX in general, maybe it's time use a correct firewall (PF can
    do an excellent job ;-)

    adulau

    --
    -- 	  	     Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/