Re: [logs] RE: Newbie questions - remote logging integration

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 17:09:07 PDT

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Safier, Adam * wrote:

    > OK, I just found Tinas Resource list on
    > http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html#infrastructure
    >
    > Should have read it all before posting the question below.  For some reason
    > I did not spot it during my search a few weeks ago (not enough sleep?)

    hi adam --

    i parted ways with counterpane about a year ago, so the counterpane log
    analysis site is no longer being maintained (unless someone's picked it up
    and no one's told me, which is of course possible but seems unlikely).
    the site that i maintain with marcus ranum now, which supports this list,
    is

    http://www.loganalysis.org

    you probably want to start by browsing through the library section.

    it's not terribly well organized -- i've frustrated myself by not being
    able to find references i've added (how embarrassing) -- and i'm about to
    launch on the annual site re-organization, but there is a lot of great
    information there, if i do say so myself.

    best of luck -- tbird

    --
    At what point does it become easier to maintain a human relationship
    than a Windows box?

                                           Robert Cowles

    http://www.precision-guesswork.com
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org