Re: [logs] firewall logging and rulesets

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 00:48:14 PDT

    On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 04:05, Tina Bird wrote:
    > > Interesting (at least to me) that nobodies Syslog draft picked up on any of
    > > this.
    >
    > *grump*
    >
    > that's because drafts deal with how to transport the data and not what
    > kind of information you might want to collect, and how you might want to
    > deal with variations between networking environments :-(

    This is a good explanation in regard to the current charter of the
    syslog IETF WG. However, that does not mean that charter can't be
    changed. All it requires is a sufficiently large crowd to participate in
    the draft discussions and recommend adding a draft on the content
    format. I would love to see such a draft, but as I said, there are too
    few voices currently...

    The IETF syslog-sec WG's homepage is here

    http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/index.shtml

    Rainer