RE: [logs] firewall logging and rulesets

From: Hyndman, Scott (scott.hyndman@private)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 08:10:22 PDT

    Hi Jason,

    	There is a new feature called "syslog by acl entry" introduced in V6.3 which may address this issue for you.

    >From the release notes

    Syslog by ACL Entry
    This feature allows users to configure a specific Access Control List (ACL) entry with a logging option. When such an option is configured, statistics for each flow that matches the permit or deny conditions of the ACL entry are logged.

    To configure the log option in the access-list command on the PIX Firewall, refer to "Logging Access Control List Activity " in the Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide. For a complete description of the command syntax for these new commands, refer to the Cisco PIX Firewall Command Reference.

    regards,
    Scott