Re: [logs] stupid question about facility and level

From: Amodiovalerio Verde (hypo@private)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 04:21:04 PDT

    With syslog-ng, you could use the template() feature to rewrite the message
    in the format you like.

    A template let you format the message using some tags and characters you
    want

    i.e.   $ISODATE $HOST [$FACILITY.$SEVERITY] $MESSAGE

    The linux syslogd AFAIK doesn't support Solaris style of writing messages
    with their facility/severity

    Amodiovalerio [Hypo] Verde