Re: [logs] minirsyslogd v1.02 available

From: Balazs Scheidler (bazsi@private)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 00:30:18 PST

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:31:17AM +0100, Mikael Olsson wrote:
> [1] Note to Balazs: I'm not out to slam syslog-ng. I happily use it
>     for local events on many boxes. I just report facts the way I see
>     them and think that I've written something that is better for my
>     specific scenario. If you think I'm wrong, I'm definitely game
>     for a more "official" speed comparison.

I'm not really surprised that syslog-ng is not the fastest syslogd out
there as it was not among the design goals.

In fact I _was_ surprised that it outperforms stock sysklogd. Sysklogd is so
much simpler.

The solution is syslog-ng 2 where improving performance was a goal. The
problem with syslog-ng 2 that it is not yet finished. :-(

--
Bazsi