[logs] Slightly off-topic: syslog history

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 13:15:19 PST

    Hi folks,

    I wonder if some of you would like to share some
    background/facts/anecdotes on syslog history. I would like to include a
    rundown of the history of syslog in an upcoming paper and would
    appreciate any pointers you have. The paper (and outcome of this poll)
    will be posted publically, so please send private mail.

    Many thanks,
    Rainer

    PS: I will post the result of my question regarding syslog/tcp
    implementations soon...