[logs] RE: parsing snort files

From: samwun (samwun@private)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 22:36:00 PST

I just found that I forgot copy the config file to /etc/ directory.
Here is the new error message:

[root@nids fwlogwatch-0.9.3]# fwlogwatch -v -v -w -o report.html -l 1d
-m 2 -t -e -z -n -N -p -s -d -y /var/log/snort/alert
Opening configuration file '/etc/fwlogwatch.config'
Unrecognized option in configuration file '/etc/fwlogwatch.config' line
58
Closing '/etc/fwlogwatch.config'
Opening input file '/var/log/snort/alert'
Processing..

The /etc/fwlogwatch.config file has the snort option turned on:

#input = /var/log/messages
input = /var/log/snort/alert

 ### Evaluation options ###
# You can select which parsers you want to use if you don't want
fwlogwatch
# to check for all known log formats. You can choose one or a
combination
# of:
#
# i ipchains