[logs] how much memory can I have?

From: Jim Prewett (download@private)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 08:14:52 PST

    Hi

    I'm working on a log analysis application.  For now, i'm wondering what
    sort of log analysis machine people have?  (realistically so I can ask my
    boss for a new log analysis box :)

    I've read Tina's "Building a scalable logging infrastructure" stuff on
    loganlysis.org (thanks Tina!), but there seemed to be little discussion of
    memory.

    For those of you who generate some sort of high-level report offline, how
    much Memory/CPU does that machine have?

    Thanks!
    Jim

    --
    James Prewett
    Systems Team Leader			Designated Security Officer