Re: [logs] Re: how much memory can I have? (followup)

From: Ed Schmollinger (schmolli@private)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 09:44:44 PST

    On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:20:32PM -0700, Jim Prewett wrote:
    > Ok, so here's a little more concrete question.  What percentage of a
    > machine would you spend on machines for log analysis?  (if your network
    > had 100 workstations worth $1,000 each, how much money would you spend for
    > log analysis (only including machine and software costs)?)

    The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the one you
    asked previously.  It depends on what you're trying to do.  Asking
    random people on the net is not likely to get you a useful answer
    anyway.  You should ask your customers instead.  How much do *they*
    want to spend?  What do *they* want to get out of it?

    --
    Ed Schmollinger - schmolli@private