[logs] blaster log detection

From: Rishi Pande (rpande@private)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 12:47:05 PST

    Hello,
    	Well, first off I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this
    question. If it's not, please accept my apologies. If it is, here is my
    question:
    	I have been trying to detect if any of the computers on our lan still
    have the blaster.a/ lovsan virus strain. I am currently doing data
    analysis on our aggregated firewall logs. However, differing accounts
    have been reported regarding the exact packets that were produced by
    the virus.:
    1) http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/focus-ms/2003/08/msg00099.html
    2)
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    detecting.traffic.due.to.rpc.worms.html
    	Was wondering if any of you have experience with this and can comment.
    	Thanks in advance.
    				Rishi