RE: [logs] Logging in the DMZ

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 07:13:13 PST

    Bob,

    from the security point of view I do not really like the idea of having
    the devices writing directly to the database. Maybe a slow start to
    optimization would be helpful. How about considering just to have the
    (still non-dmz, thus secured) syslogd write directly to the database. I
    think many current syslogd's will alow you to do this.

    Rainer