[logs] Moderator's apology

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 10:20:21 PST

    Hi all --

    I was not reading sufficiently closely yesterday while I was doing list
    approvals.  If I'd been paying more attention, I would >not< have approved
    the posting attacking ArcSight's ethics, which was off topic and not
    appropriate for this list.  Or any list, really.

    As guidance for the "products list" discussion -- I am willing to post
    information from vendors as long as the vendors identify themselves, and
    provide detailed technical information about the capabilities of their
    products.  I will not approve "use ours" messages without technical
    content.

    In an ideal universe, we could be discussing requirements >for< a log
    collection and analysis tool, and the vendor reps on the list could talk
    about their design specifications.

    Again, my apologies to ArcSight and everyone on the list --

    tbird

    --
    It doesn't have to be our fault to be our responsibility.

                                     -- Paul Robertson

    http://www.precision-guesswork.com
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
    VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com