[logs] Log summaries for IOS ACLs

From: Jason Lewis (jlewis@private)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 19:55:20 PDT

I attempted to lock down my egress IOS ACLs and quickly found I had more
applications leaving my network than I thought.  I forgot about rsync
and pop3s.  I also learned that spamassassin uses 2703 for rbl checks
like razor and pyzor.

I wrote a perl script to summarize the ACLs, so I could determine what
ports would need to be opened and what ports were in use. I am sure it
could be used for other purposes and could be modified to read PIX or
other logs.

I figure it is worth sharing.

http://www.packetnexus.com/aclsumm.txt

jas