[logs] on log mining

From: Anton A. Chuvakin (anton@private)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 11:14:38 PDT

All,

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion :-)), but I thought this can come
handy for those list members who will be at SANS NS 2004 in Vegas (Oct
2004).

I will be giving a talk on "Log Mining: Knowledge Discovery in Logs"
(http://www.sans.org/ns2004/night.php)

Here is the outline from the SANS site: "The presentation will describe
and demonstrate methods for discovering interesting patterns in log files
for security without specifically knowing what to look for. I will show
some results of such methods, demonstrate the tools and discuss how they
can be used for various security tasks such as discovery of compromised
systems and qualifying the IDS alerts. "

Best,
--
Anton A. Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH
     http://www.info-secure.org