[logs] Free centralized event log collection/analysis/reporting for

From: mikle (mikle@private)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 12:12:06 PST

Did you have problems when the network connection is lost? I Implemented a similar project and when one of the servers monitored is disconnected or switched off, or the event collector machine is disconnected from the network, the sink dies and doesn't continue colelcting events when the connection comes back.

I guess this problem can be solved if the death of the sink can be detected somehow..

How did you tackle this problem?

Thanks,

Michael