[logs] syslog remote logging problems

From: beproj beproj (beproj05@private)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 23:32:51 PST

Hello,

I have modified the syslog.conf file of a server to accept messages from remote hosts.
I hav included the foll entry in ..../init.d/syslog/
    SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-m 0 -r"

Entries FOr syslog.conf on the server side:

authpriv.*                /var/log/secure

The other entries ir:- mail, cron, etc are similar.

Entries FOr syslog.conf on the client side:

authpriv.*                192.168.7.1/var/log/secure
where 192.168.7.1 is server.

The other entries ie:- mail, cron, etc are similar.

I want the logs from the client to get logged to the remote server to a specified file which

aren't standard log files, say:- /var/log/foo/mylog but the file isnt getting created in the

manually specified directory.

PLease specify any changes, if any, that are to be made in both the syslog.conf files.

Thanks
Amogh