[logs] new free logger clone for Windows

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 02:22:09 PDT

Hi all,

I'd like to announce a new, free logger-compatible tool for Windows. It
offers all the important options from UNIX logger, plus supports
reliable logging via plain tcp syslog and RFC 3195. It is real freeware,
no hidden charges, feature limitations, adware or whatever else evil you
might think of.

In my opinion, this tool is most helpful for simple syslog logging from
batch-files as well as forwarding e.g. firewall-1 logs to a syslog
server.

For a brief description, the man page and the actual download please
visit

http://www.monitorware.com/logger/

Please note that previous versions of logger were available for free
with only limited features. We have removed that restriction. Also, we
have added tcp support.

I hope this tool is helpful.
Rainer