[logs] Re: Syslog server to netiq

From: Daniele Muscetta (muscetta@private)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 13:22:09 PDT

On 6/1/05, neeraj.bijlani@private <neeraj.bijlani@private> wrote:
>       I am trying to capture logs from kiwisyslog server to netiq security
> manager 5.1.
>       I 'd appreciate any feedback from others who have used this before.

Operations Manager is able to have an agent acting as a syslog server
and converting events in "native" format...
(see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297443)

I don't know if Security Manager does the same... especially since
you're talking of more recent versions (5.x) that the ones I've
seen.... NetIQ Security Manager 3.x was basically the same product as
NetIQ Operations Manager 3.x or Microsoft Operations Manager 2000...
it might have changed quite a while since then...

Best,

Daniele