[logs] Re: logs threshold program

From: Chris Petersen (chris.petersen@private)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 09:13:20 PDT

*********** I REPRESENT A VENDOR ***************

I can recommend our program LogRhythm - obviously I'm partial ;-) but it
does have this capability as I would hope other SIM solutions do.  However,
we are bit different than other SIM's in that we are also a true log
management product.  We can collect and manage log data written to any text
file on windows/linux, forwarded via syslog/snmp, or written to the Windows
Event Log.  We have what we can threshold alarms which allow you to create
rules like the following:

- Events classified as Failed Authentication (regardless the type of
reporting system), where 10 events occur in 1 minute from same source using
same login, send alarm.

- Events classified as Error or Warning, where 30 events occur in 1 hour
where the affected system is the same, send alarm.

- Events classified as Security or Audit Failures, where 100 events occur in
24 hours where the login is the same, send alarm

You will only find high-level info on our website for competitive reasons,
if you want more details I can send you our technology whitepaper.

Cheers,

Chris Petersen
CTO, Security Conscious, Inc
www.LogRhythm.com