[logs] Reporting events per time with logsurfer

From: Matthias Teege (matthias-loganalysis@private)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 21:27:22 PDT

Moin,

I try to monitor arp traffic in a small network. I need to know the
hosts which are making arp request for more then x different hosts in a
small time frame.

I only need a logentry if the number of arp requests are bigger than x.
I was playing with 'tcpdump -n -i <if> arp | logsurfer -f logs.conf' but
 can't get a working logsurfer rule. How does a logsurfer rule look like
that matches my case? Is it possible with logsurfer?

Many thanks
Matthias