[logs] Re: Looking to graphically map ip conversations

From: Bakir, Adam (adam.bakir@private)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 04:39:33 PDT

Hello Seth,

I am currently using 2 GUI tools, NSM (Advanced Analytics $10k) and
etherape (ghu).
I am also writing a realtime trending tool (perl cgi), which grabs its
data from a Dragon EFP; I suppose one could use snort or others (ready
in 2 months); this will go to public (gnu).

I found source-forge and apt-get/yum repositories full of new toys,
almost every day.

Again, what kind of graphs are you looking for?  What is your data
source?
For a quick solution if I can dump the data in a simple text table
(forgive me father) MS Excel can produce decent graphs.

Adam Bakir
Consultant
InfoSec COE
CGI Information Systems and
Management Consultants Inc.
1410 Blair Place, fourth floor
Ottawa, ON, K1J 9B9
Phone: (613)740-5900 x5495
Fax:   (613)740-5918

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging
to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message.
If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or
responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think
for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in
error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else.
In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify
the sender by reply email.