[logs] new mailing list targeted towards rfc 3195 (sylsog reliable)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 09:12:14 PDT

Hi list,

I know my posting is slightly off-topic, but hopefully tolerable. Syslog
is currently being evolved by the IETF. Among others, some time ago RFC
3195 tried to address reliability and confidentiality of syslog. So far,
RFC 3195 has received very limited implementations. However, I notice a
rising interest during the past months.

In order to facilitate exchange between those interested in in RFC 3195,
I have set up a mailing list specifically for implementors and users.
The list charter is as follows:

###
The rfc3195 list is targeted towards people interested in RFC 3195-based
solutions. It is primarily aimed at implementors, protocol-designers and
operators who would like to have insight into the protocol and the
various implementations. It carries deeply technical content about
protocol interpretations, interoperability of different RFC 3195-based
solutions, and discussion about the future of RFC 3195. It also covers
news and annoucements about RFC 3195-related projects and products.
These items should not be marketingish but rather help inform the
community of new arrivals and other important events.
###

Subscription information is available at

I hope this is a useful tool for some loganalysis folks, too.

Rainer