[logs] Re: importing sendmail logs into a database

From: Raffael Marty (rmarty@private)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 10:26:31 PST

I wrote a sendmail parser for afterglow (afterglow.sourceforge.net), which
you can find at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/afterglow/afterglow/src/perl/parsers/

Sendmail is kind of tricky because an email is represented as two
entries which you need to merge together. The script does not input the
data into a DB, but that part can be added quite easily.

        -raffy

> Is there a tool that does a good job of this? I can write a tool to do it,
> but I don't want to recreate the wheel if I don't have to.
>
> TIA

	 -raffy

--

Raffael Marty, GCIA, CISSP                    raffael.marty@private