[logs] Version 0.5 of the OSSEC HIDS is available for download.

From: Daniel Cid (danielcid@private)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 17:21:24 PST

I'm pleased to announce that the version 0.5 of the
OSSEC HIDS is now available for download.

OSSEC HIDS is an Open source Host-based intrusion
detection
system. It performs log analysis, integrity checking,
rootkit
detection, time-based alerting and active response.

This new version includes active response support,
allowing
on an
external device or everywhere. By default, it comes
with two
active response plugins. One to add a host to the
hosts.deny
file and the other one to add an IP address to the
drop list
of iptables (linux only). In addition to that, this
version
includes a a lot of bug fixes and small new features.

More information about active response:
http://www.ossec.net/hids/doc.php#active-response

To download the new version:
http://www.ossec.net/hids/files/ossec-hids-0.5.tar.gz

Use our mailling list if you have any question,
suggestion or
comment :
http://www.ossec.net/hids/index.php#Maillists

For more information: