[logs] Re: regex-less parsing of messages

From: Solomon, Frank (frank@private)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 11:20:27 PST

I appreciate the vendor responses . . . I saw the hook; I guess I just
couldn't resist the bait.  I assumed that Todd was a customer (and he
may well be).

By "limits," I was referring to the clause in the license agreement that
says you'll "index no more than 500MB of peak daily volume" using the
free version.  That's about the log volume of one of our 3 main mail
routers on an average day.

I'll revisit the web site when the FreeBSD version is available.

Thanks, guys.  I'll go back to lurking now.

:-)

Frank

Frank Solomon
University of Kentucky
Lead Systems Programmer, Enterprise Systems
http://www.franksolomon.net
"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if
you teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."
--Anonymous