[logs] Re: FW: [Syslog] WG Review: Recharter of Security Issues in Network Event Logging (syslog)

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhards@private)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 23:25:46 PST

Anton,

actually, the question you raise is the same one that the IESG raised ;)
They are looking if somebody is really interested. So far, I know that
Huawai and we (Adiscon) are definitely interested. Based on mailing list
participation I strongly think that Cisco has some vital interest and it
also looks like Balabit (syslog-ng) and Kiwi (popular Windows syslog
implementation) is interested. Other than that, I do not know anything.

I hope this clarifies.

Rainer