[logs] Windows Event log parser to generate reports - revisited

From: Dustin (deviousz@private)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 17:23:35 PST

Hello,

I've done some searching and found a thread from 2004 on this top that
I'm working on now.  It's been a while so I figured I'd post and see
what kind of progress has been made.  Here's the search url for your
reference:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=syslog-ng+windows+event+log+site%3Alists.jammed.com%2Floganalysis%2F&btnG=Google+Search

I, like many others am running syslog-ng on a central *nix system
which pipes into mysql w/ the php-syslog-ng front-end.  Other *nix
systems, network devices pump data to it via syslog, and windows does
this via Snare.  Next step is something like logsurfer.

Now, as Ian states in this post:

http://lists.jammed.com/loganalysis/2004/02/0045.html

I'm looking to get some reports on this data, something similar to the
reports generated from fwanalog.

It's been almost 2 years, what have you found?

TIA,
Dustin