[logs] Re: RIF: Microsoft Event ID

From: James Turnbull (james@private)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 16:34:21 PST

Salvati Amedeo wrote:
> yes i have just visited either eventid.net and ultimatewindowssecurity.com
> for filtering low important event from high, but now i want to setup some
> correlation criteria,
> ex. 3 times one username try to enter onto one|plus hosts, and fails, and
> then, the same username logon onto the same|other host.
>
> But my problem it's only know the main logs to monitor, ex. Top 10 event
> ID

I don't know of any resource like that.  I think you would need to
experiment with test cases - like the example you provided and then
record the resulting log entries and build correlation rules from there.
> thanks for your time and for Nagios
> amedeo

I didn't develop Nagios - it's developer is Ethan Galstad - I merely
wrote a book about it. :)

Regards

James Turnbull

--