[logs] Re: on log standards

From: Sanford Whitehouse (swhitehouse@private)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 10:00:14 PDT

The '...everything is OK' view of customers is a motivating piece.
Vendors change when enough customers or big enough customers complain
about something they don't have.  Or something they can't live without.

Protocols, standards, methods are all great.  They usually come after a
technology is in place.  Something customers can't live without.
Without that unknown, we're just spinning wheels.  Until it does, we'll
continue to pick the low fruit, and toss the rest in a file cabinet in
the basement until it's needed.

Sanford