[logs] Daily log size estimates for Tandem HP Non-Stop, AIX, Solaris and IBM Mainframe

From: Bruce Forestal (BForestal@private)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 12:21:54 PDT

Good Day,

I'm trying to get an estimate of the typical daily log size of PCI events for Tandem HP Non-Stop, AIX, Solaris and IBM Mainframe systems, preferably in a large enterprise that is producing PCI compliant log events.  I know this is highly dependent on the audit settings and the number of transactions but there is "no" logging enabled at this time so it's difficult to even guess.  We've tried several ways to get these numbers within the client but have run into configuration management problems that will prevent a timely answer.  If you know of any log sizes, that will be a help, rough estimates are fine, ie is it 1 MB of 1GB per day?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce Forestal CISSP