[logs] Re: Recommended Log analysis tool (follow up)

From: Patrick McGovern (pat@private)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 10:01:49 PDT

Hi Mark,

You may want to take a look at Splunk.  It does most of the things
you list below.

You can download a free version from www.splunk.com and give it spin
(it runs on *nix).   The free version is fully functional and does
not timeout.

Here's a screencast of the product in action:
http://www.splunk.com/images/screencastdemos/brent_chapman/
brentdemo.html

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

Pat-

--
Patrick McGovern
pat@private