[logs] Re: Reviewing Vista/2k3 log files from the same platform

From: Frank Heyne (fh@private-dresden.de)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 23:24:29 PST

There are more problems:
In a Win32 application you can use the function BackupEventLog to save a
log to a backup file. This works under Windows XP and under Vista.
But when you want to reopen the log (which is saved as an .evt file), the
function OpenBackupEventLog always receives an error 1500 on Vista.
The same app does open the same files fine on XP.
So for me it looks like the function OpenBackupEventLog has a bug on
Vista when it is opening evt files (there are no problems opening evtx
files, though).

According to msdn docs, OpenBackupEventLog is supported under Vista, so I
would expect that an app for XP which uses this function does run under
Vista as well without problems?

Frank Heyne

Am 6 Jan 2007 um 23:39 hat Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks
[[logs] Reviewing Vista/2k3 log files from the sam geschrieben: