[logs] Re: Reviewing Vista/2k3 log files from the same platform

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] (sbradcpa@private)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 07:04:13 PST

I was running Vista x32 looking at a x32 2k3 logs.

Rainer Gerhards wrote:
This seems to be related to the ressource DLLs. x64 seems to be unable
to load the x32 dlls and vice versa. Under XP 64bit, a 64bit app could
load the 32 bit ressource files. We currently have logged an application
developer support request with Microsoft. Even the native API has some
considerable problems on Vista. Our support request has been escalated
and no definitive answer is yet provided. We have been clued that there
may be a bug in Vista.

I hope this information is useful. But in short, this time it seems to
be problematic.

If I get some definitive response, I can post that.

Rainer Gerhards