[logs] logpp-0.12

From: Risto Vaarandi (risto.vaarandi@private)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 01:33:57 PST

hi all,
I have finished the work on the log preprocessing module called LogPP
(http://logpp.sourceforge.net) - the very first alpha version is
available at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/logpp/logpp-0.12.tar.gz
The tool is able to tail an arbitrary number of log files, apply regexp
filters to incoming lines, and write output to files, syslog or external
programs. The tool supports both Perl-compatible and POSIX-style regular
expressions, and multi-line matching. One can employ logpp as a filter
in front of a more complex log analysis software (e.g., SEC), but also
as a standalone tool for converting non-syslog multi-line logs messages
to syslog format.
Currently, there is no separate mailing list or forum for logpp, so you
can post your comments to my private e-mail address.
br,
risto