Re: crontab

From: solar@private
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 02:35:46 PST

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:20:55AM +0100, mysiar@private wrote:

Hi,

> could anybody help me to get rid of emails sent by cron to root
> or maybe send them somewhere else "to hell" for instance? ;-)
> I need to do this beause I run snort which dies very often
> and I restart it using cron

I wonder why you posted this here.  This is not Owl-specific and in
fact is a very basic thing everyone should already know. ;-)

Just use shell output redirection (such as, "&> /dev/null" after the
shell command) or set MAILTO as described in crontab(5).

Speaking of that UBE ("spam") posting and the related bounce message
that reached the list, I've taken my usual measures and I am making
the list pre-moderated for non-subscriber posts (which of course will
also delay posts by subscribers from unusual addresses, but I'll be
adding those to a whitelist).

--
/sd