Re: rtl8139

From: Solar Designer (solar@private)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 07:44:13 PST

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:34:07PM +0200, Dmitry Muntean wrote:
> I've downloaded and installed owl 1.0 and everything went fine but my ethernet card(rtl8139)
> after configuration and bringing interface eth0 up response with network unreachable
> may be somebody had such a problem and can help me with this?

I didn't have a problem with that driver, but just some hints:

Is this a routing or network driver problem?  Are you getting the
error from a user-space application or the kernel (is it in dmesg)?

There're two alternative drivers for RTL8139 in the kernel, either may
be enabled via the kernel configuration.  Also, the second driver got
a number of options you could play with.

I do have such network cards (including, but not limited to, a chip in
my laptop), used with Owl, no problems.

--
/sd