Re: make buildworld troubles

From: Jarno Huuskonen (Jarno.Huuskonen@private)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 04:48:39 PST

On Thu, Nov 21, Oleg Lukashin wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> 	  I have a trouble doing make buildworld. it says undeadable kernel
> includes, but directory is avaiable.

What are the permissions for the /usr/src/linux/include (and all
subdirectories/files) ? If you've compiled your kernel as root with
umask 077 then usually only root can access include files in
/usr/src/linux/include/asm and /usr/src/linux/include/linux

> Also, why there is no packet named bind in 1.0 release ? what is the best
> way to compile bind, can i find spec for bind somewhere ?
> when i try to compile bind from sources, i still get errors from /usr/include.

I think the recent bind-9.2.1 from RedHat 6.2 compiles w/out problems.

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen