Re: make buildworld troubles

From: Solar Designer (solar@private)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 15:54:36 PST

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:39:20PM +0100, Bernd 'beli' Liebscher wrote:
> i had similar problems with the buildworld procedure...
> ...and yes, i built a new kernel and verified the permissions
> of the include dir/files.

You could issue a find command looking for any files that aren't
world-readable:

find /usr/include/linux/ /usr/include/asm/ -type f ! -perm +004 -ls

> adding some debug lines to the buildworld.sh script showed me
> where the error occurs.

It's where the _check_ occurs.  The error must be yours. ;-)

> i wrote a little patch to remove the lines checking for the includes:

I don't think a buildworld would complete with no errors if this check
would fail, but is bypassed.  I added it for a reason.  Please don't
remove it.

--
/sd