Re: tcb source

From: Solar Designer (solar@private)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 07:55:55 PST

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:57:40PM +0100, Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:
> I'm about to implement tcb as an option in Gentoo Linux, and I was wondering
> if the tcb source code is available somewhere in a simple .tar.{gz,bz2}
> package outside CVS, or if I will have to host this myself. I've looked in
> /pub/Owl/current/sources/Owl/packages on various FTPs, but I can't seem to
> find it.

It's not anywhere on FTP, but when you build Owl, you get a tarball
under ~build/archives/

david!build:~$ ls -l archives/tcb-0.9.8.3.tar.gz
-rw-r-----    1 build    sources     35776 Oct 31 19:06 archives/tcb-0.9.8.3.tar.gz

The main reason we don't put it out separately is that it depends on
some of our other stuff, primarily the password hashing framework
introduced with crypt_blowfish, in glibc.

It also assumes *BSD-like behavior of asprintf(3) on errors, which is
guaranteed with our glibc, but not with official glibc.

Perhaps I should make a "tcb" page on www.openwall.com and describe
the requirements there.  Then it could also host tarballs.

--
/sd