Re: kernel packages.

From: Solar Designer (solar@private)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 09:06:13 PST

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:28:25PM +0300, Oleg Lukashin wrote:

Hi,

> 	Is there is any differences between kernel packages from
> 	kernel.org and from openwall ftp site ?
> 	If so, what is differ ?

On the ftp*.*.openwall.com FTP mirrors, there're the original kernel
packages which exactly match the versions off kernel.org and there're
separate tarballs with patches to be applied to them.

While I recommend that you do use the patches, it is one of our goals
that the Owl userland should also work with clean kernels off kernel.org
with no patches.

--
/sd