Re: [owl-users] regarding kernel patch 2.4.32-ow1

From: gremlin@private
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 12:32:31 PDT

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 07:37:10PM +0100, Aidan Johnstone wrote:
 >>> Specifically, I'm interested in just the HARDEN_{PROC,LINK,FIFO}
 >>> portions of the patch, so I thought I'd ask first, in case there is a
 >>> split version anywhere.
 >> Why not just build kernel only with that options set (without stack
 >> protection etc.)? :-)
 > I "inherited" a couple of machines that need a kernel upgrade
 > (they're running a really ancient 2.4.24), and the person that
 > looked after these machines unfortunately passed away.

Hmm... that should be really heavy heritage.

 > All I was left was a big ol' kernel patch over 4Mb in size that
 > applies to said kernel 2.4.24,

Four? Megabytes?
Can I look at this patch? If yes, please put it somewhere in the Net
(gzipped) and give an URL here or at feedback AT owl.openwall.com -
possibly, we should be able to advise something.

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
<gremlin ðòé gremlin ôþë ru>