Re: [owl-users] tcb and friends with shadow-utils 4.0.12

From: Vincent Danen (vdanen@private)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 21:25:06 PDT

* Vincent Danen <vdanen@private> [2006-07-02 21:52:14 -0600]:

[...]
> I'm going to keep fiddling with this and re-compare my glibc spec to the
> owl spec and also upgrade to 1.0.2 and see if I can come up with
> something that works.  What I'd like to know is if that hasher program
> will actually output blowfish passwords like I think it should.  I know
> SUSE also has crypt_blowfish support so maybe I'll try compiling that
> hasher program on my vmware install and see if it works properly.

Well, I tried that hasher program in SUSE and got the same thing but I
know it's working there because my password is definitely a bcrypt
password.

I suppose I have to keep looking for a better sample program then.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;