Re: [owl-users] VLAN + Owl

From: GalaxyMaster (galaxy@private)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 08:54:35 PST

Maxim,

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:41:33PM +0300, Maxim Timofeyev wrote:

> > As you can see I have no eth123 device yet, but I could set the
> > appropriate iptables rule.
>
> Well, but why our networks init script does not support VLAN?

Due to lack of human resources I suppose.  Frankly speaking, it's me who
should enhance network scripts in Owl (at least this task is assigned to
me).  Unfortunately, I've almost no time for this in the last few months
:(.  Yet, we aren't have an agreement on what we would like to see in
our network scripts (some developers had proposed to create our own
scripts from the scratch, others said that we might want re-use etcnet,
there are also fans of old-fashioned network scripts who suggest to just
enhance the old stuff).

All in all, if you want to contribute some ideas/scripts/whatever we
will gladly accept this :).

--
(GM)