[owl-users] installing from CDROM on the third (!) IDE channel

From: crocodil@private
Date: Sat Nov 25 2006 - 02:07:21 PST

Colleagues,

I've got a very uncommon machine here at Tashkent which has 2
SATA ports and one port which seems to be generic IDE. In BIOS
setup, that one is referred as Third IDE. Unfortunately enough,
CDROM drive is attached to that drive.

How should I start the Owl CD? It requires to select the
installing CD drive from {pri_m, pri_sl, sec_m, sec_sl, scsi}.
I've tried something like root=/dev/hde, but got no success.

--
Croco