Re: [owl-users] Virtual Machines on Owl

From: GalaxyMaster (galaxy@private)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 02:46:09 PDT

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 08:37:15AM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> Does it mean, you are using Owl with an OpenVZ-patched-vanilla
> 2.6-kernel (without Owl-patches) for both systems (host and virtual
> guest)?

Yes, it does. I have to use it this way until Solar releases his patch
for 2.6 kernels.  However, the OpenVZ kernel isn't vanila+virtualization
but it's RHEL5 kernel + OpenVZ virtualization and SWSoft is tracking all
security issues and updates its kernel accordingly.  Moreover, Solar has
performed a security audit of the OpenVZ (by the request of SWSoft) back
in Dec'05 (IIRC).  JFYI.

--
(GM)