Re: [owl-users] Installation on RAID-problem

From: GalaxyMaster (galaxy@private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 07:04:11 PDT

Vsevolod,

If I get it right you want to run RAID with Owl and you want to use mdadm to
manage your array.  The mdadm package is yet to be included to Owl-current,
so you need to compile it first.  You might want to do the installation of
Owl in two steps:

1) create a swap partition at the beginning of your hard disk but make this
   partition 1GB smaller than you expect to use; create a temporary ext3 fs
   next to the swap partition and install Owl there.

2) boot from the temporary partition, build mdadm, prepare your RAID using
   the rest of your disk(s), and install Owl to the newly created RAID
   partitions;  Once you are confident that everything is working as
   you expect it remove the temporary partition and expand your swap
   partition.

Hope this helps.

--
(GM)