Re: [owl-users] Nmap 5.00; new Owl ISO

From: Henri Salo <henri_at_private>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:31:00 +0300
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:51:07 +0400
Solar Designer <solar_at_private> wrote:

> Nmap 5.00 has been released earlier this week

I really like Nmap. It is a great program. Nice that we have it in Owl
too. One should really get the book too
<http://hack.fi/~fgeek/kirjasto/nmap.jpg>

> Question/poll to the users: now that we have Nmap's Ncat, should we
> keep OpenBSD's netcat (invocable on Owl as "nc") in Owl as well or
> should we drop that?  In general, with few exceptions, Owl has been
> avoiding duplicate functionality in the official "base system" so
> far.  Please comment on owl-users.

I vote for both since at least I need OpenBSD's version for testing
several services. It could also be installed separately so
Owl-installation would be as small as possible.

---
Henri Salo