[owl-users] (wrong) getty invocations within an OpenVZ container

From: <croco_at_private>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:21:46 +0400
Colleagues,

I've just identified the source of disk space shortage on my OpenVZ
containers, and it appeared to be getties being continuously tried to run
on /dev/tty[1-6].  This flooded my /var/log/messages together with
/var/log/wtmp.

So, I've just added the tip to comment them out from container's
/etc/inittab to the instruction on the Openwall Wiki
http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/usage-examples/OpenVZ/template-creation

Enjoy :-)

--
Croco