Re: [owl-users] RPM Issue

From: Solar Designer <solar_at_private>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:44:48 +0300
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:28:35PM +0000, Simon Baker wrote:
> ... there's probably not much point in you guys trying to track
> it down if it's just me who is having an issue.

As I mentioned, I did run into what looked like the same issue, but in
my case rm'ing __db.00? helped.

> I shall do an install
> over the top of the existing installation, which may be the best fix.

This may result in orphaned files remaining on the system - if you
install different package versions/builds than those you had installed
before.  You could then search for and remove any orphaned files, or you
could use a cleaner approach right away: install the Owl userland anew
(into a new root directory or onto a new filesystem), then copy whatever
"local" portions you need to preserve, install whatever extra packages
you need, and switch over to the new system.

Alexander